Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I heart Valentine's Day

Every year February 14th rolls around and I hear the same old blah-dom: Beloved Valentine's Day is turned into the cynical SAD, Single's Awareness Day. I really don't understand this sentiment because honestly listen people: Its a day of free CANDY! There is nothing sad about that at all. Sometimes my mom even bakes me her famous valentine's sugar cookies (very fat and soft with lots of homemade icing) and, I am happy to inform you all, that this year she has promised to abandon her trade embargo with sugar and is making me a heart-shaped CAKE! Yippee!! However lest you think that all I think about is treats(mmmm...that brownie I had at lunch today was very delish) I am going to tell you a truly sad valentine's tale...
It occurred a few Valentine's days ago...I had just found out that an exboyfriend, for whom I still had lingering feelings, was now seriously dating a new girl who we shall call...Pig Girl. My little brother had also just broken up with his girlfriend the week before and was in serious sheer desperadoes. On the morning of Love Day I thought that I would be a sweet older sister and give my lil bro a call. Perhaps we could combat our broken hearts by finding joy in the sibling bond? I suggested that we could be each other's valentines because of our similar sad positions to which he heartily agreed. It made me feel better that no matter what sort of pig love was brewing in the big pig pen of life I could always count on my cute little brother to be there for me...
Sadly enough I found out from my sister a week later that Bryce had made amends with his girlfriend the night before and felt too sorry for me to tell me the truth...
Oh well, did I mention that I'm getting a heart-shaped cake?! Yippee!

3 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Yea for heart shaped cake!
We just traded off taking care of puking kids... it was terribly romantic.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I do believe this was the Valentines Day where the heart shaped trough was introduced for our dear, swiney arch nemesis. God bless Pig Girl. And by God bless, I really mean I hope you are slaughtered and turned into delish bacon! TA DA!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Preston Smith said...

I will honestly admit that I am an advocate of S.A.D day, but only used as an acronym... though I also admit that acronyms are often a reflection of the feelings of the association associated with said acronym, this is not always the case. To assume that an acronym describes such feelings of the entire association is preposterous, it would be similar to assuming that all M.A.D.D. (Mothers against Drunk Driving) members are ravenously angry people, which as you well know, the first lady of this very country is a member, and she does not appear to have an angry disposition.

As for the Heart Shaped cake, we of the S.A.D association take no position on heart shape cake, only to declare that nothing beats a heart shaped cake, particularly if it is chocolate.

Thank you
Preston Smith
Self-declared SAD president

 

Post a Comment

<< Home